A film by Janez Burger
After young Mara gives birth to Ivan, a chain of unexpected and nerve wrecking events begins. Ivan’s father Rok, a married businessman whom Mara obsessively loves, is missing. When she finds out that Rok is accused of a white-collar crime, she gets brutally beaten by his wife’s cronies. Mara and Rok manage to get together, but Mara finds herself in an impossible situation when she has to choose between her lover and her child.
On the background of a corrupted world, a rough and thrilling drama about the dilemma of taking the wrong choices.
SLOVENIAN CANDIDATE FOR THE NOMINATION FOR
BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE OSCAR ACADEMY AWARD 2019
Director: Janez Burger
Cinematography: Marko Brdar
Script: Janez Burger, Srdjan Koljević, Melina Pota Koljević, Aleš Čar
Editor: Miloš Kalusek
Producers: Miha Černec
FESTIVAL OF SLOVENIAN FILMS
Winner Best Fiction Film | Best Actress| Best Script | Best Cinematography | Best Music | Best Make Up | Critics Award
- Black Nights Film Festival
- Transilvania International Film Festival
- Shanghai International Film Festival
- Yerevan Golden Apricot International Film Festival
- Avanca Film Festival – Special Mention
- Omladinski Film Festival Sarajevo
- Bengaluru IFF
- Sharm el Sheikh International Film Festival – Winner Best Film
- Sofia International Film Festival
- Let's CEE Film Festival – Winner Best Feature Film
- Oldenburg International Film Festival 2018
Janez Burger, director and screenwriter, graduated in Film and TV directing from the FAMU (CZ). He opened his own theatre group Burgerteater in 1997. Burgerteater produced theater shows as well as more than 100 theatre improvisations. In 1997 he shot his first full-length feature film “IDLE RUNNING”, which received 20 awards and was screened in more than 60 festivals. Together with director Jan Cvitkovic he founded a production company, STARAGARA, in 2003, and he produced Jan Cvitkovic’s award-winning film “GRAVEHOPPING”. Janez Burger’s film “CIRCUS FANTASTICUS” (production STARAGARA) was critically acclaimed and internationally screened in various festivals. He lives and works in Ljubljana.